🌱 Landscaping Workshop + Open Studio For Artists + Free Concert
Hello, hello. Kristen here with your Wednesday edition of the Dunedin Daily, filled with all the local information you need to know right now. Let’s get right to it…
📣 Our readers love to celebrate good news! You can now shout out your big announcement at the top of the Dunedin Daily newsletter. Whether it’s a grand opening, new product for sale, birthday, anniversary, engagement, wedding or new baby, let everyone celebrate alongside you! Submit your announcement here.
First, today’s weather:
A shower and thunderstorm. High: 91 Low: 78.
Check out what our local sponsors can do for you:
- Looking to buy or sell a home in the Dunedin area? Tammie Fraser at EXP Realty has lived in our area since 1979 and knows the rapidly changing Dunedin real estate market like few others. She specializes in educating and guiding sellers as well as helping first time buyers find the home of their dreams. For deep local knowledge and expertise, call Tammie at (330) 307-9538 and ask about a free seller’s report, or visit her here to learn more.
- Getting your gutters cleaned and repaired is the homeowner’s equivalent of flossing — you know it’s good for you even if it’s not something you look forward to. Friendly nudge: don’t put it off. One Clean Gutter are local, woman-owned gutter experts who can install new seamless gutters and guards or clean your existing gutters. Daily readers get 10% off — tell them Patch sent you and avoid house cavities! Visit One Clean Gutter today.
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to get started.
Here are the top three stories today in Dunedin:
- Florida-Friendly Landscaping educators are hosting a landscaping workshop on July 12 at 6 pm in the Dunedin Public Library. Sign up to learn which plants protect water resources and invite pollinators, helping you create an oasis in your yard. The workshop will provide you with the tools and resources needed for plant selection and placement, including the concept of Right Plant, Right Place, and design ideas to get you started. Visit the library reference desk or call 727-298-3080 ext: 1707 to sign up! This class currency is scheduled to be held in person, but may be changed to a virtual event. (City of Dunedin via Facebook | Dunedin Gov)
- Need a big bright space to create in? Studio 1212 is hosting an Open Studio event on July 7 in Kirk Hall at the Episcopal Church from 10 am to 4 pm The cost is just a $10 cash donation. Tables, chairs, and water will be provided. All you need to bring is a table cover, paper towels, floor covering and your art supplies! You may also bring an easel if you wish. Click the link to learn more! (Studio 1212 Art Gallery via Facebook)
- Dunedin Music Society presents Florida Symphonic Winds Concert on July 16 at 4 pm The 40-piece ensemble will perform a free concert at Holy Trinity in Clearwater just days before heading to Austria and Germany for its 2022 European Tour. The ensemble, under the direction of Dr. Jeffrey Traster, is comprised of some of the area’s finest professional and community musicians. Register online now to hold your spot. (Holy Trinity Episcopal Church via Facebook | Dunedin Music Society)
Help us make this newsletter better!
We’ve been getting so much positive feedback about the Dunedin Daily that we’re starting to get a big head. Want to bring us back down to earth with some constructive feedback? If so, take our simple — and quick! — readersurvey. Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news, events and scuttlebutt you really care about. And it will help us toward our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you’d ever unsubscribe from.
We’d be so appreciative of your feedback that, if you take the survey, we’ll enter your email address in a drawing for a small mountain of patch swag. You know you want that tote bag — so click the link and give it to us straight. Thank you!
Take the survey 👉
Dunedin Daily Pic of the Day:
Dunedin sunset | Submitted by Amy Tebbe
Thank you Amy Tebbe for submitting your beautiful sunset photo!
Send us some of your event photos! Submit them to Dunedin@Patch.com for consideration! Please confirm in the email that you own the rights to the photo, and that Patch has permission to republish it.
Today in Dunedin:
- Pen it! Children’s Writers Group at the Dunedin Public Library (10 am)
- lego club at the Dunedin Public Library (2 pm)
- Mosaic Craft Party at Caledonia Brewing (6:30 pm)
- Clearwater Threshers vs Dunedin Blue Jays at TD Ballpark (6:30 pm)
From my notebook:
- The Honu has changed its hours to accommodate staff during peak temperature times. Hours are now Wednesday and Thursday between 3 and 10 pm, and Friday through Sunday between noon and 10 pm They will keep these hours through August and hope the weather cools down by September. (The Honu)
- JoAnne Fell, executive director of Dunedin Cares, shared a special update regarding its Girl Power Feminine Products Drive. “The drive was a tremendous success due to so many who donated feminine care products over the last month. We believe that our Girl Power drive spread the message that this is an ongoing need and hope our generous donors will continue to keep feminine care products on their donation list for Dunedin Cares. Please remember that Lane’s Lemonade & Dairy Bar has a ‘Period Product’ donation box at its 349 Main Street, Dunedin location.” (Dunedin Cares via Facebook)
- Dunedin Blue Jays are hosting another Kids Run the Bases event on Saturday! The first pitch is scheduled for 6:30 pm (Dunedin Blue Jays via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Tarot Card Readings and Intuitive Consultations with Nicole! One on One and/or Parties! (details)
- Add your item
Thanks for following along and staying informed! I’ll see you soon.